Sunday, 9 April 2017

Why do you need a Monday to start something new?

Uploaded this post to my works intranet this morning. 
Last night I was thinking. I know, but no, it didn't hurt nor did I have steam pouring from the ears. At least not this time. 
But this thought​ hit me during the weekend after catching up with a few friends. So many people I know, incl. work mates almost religiously pick the beginning of a week to start something that they want to aim for. Be it a new weight loss program, a new development plan, a challenge to themselves like giving up smoking or a decision to start eating paleo etc. Not only these things, but even holiday planning falls into this mix.
I've lost count how many times I've heard "Starting Monday I'm gonna..."
And therein lies the question.
"Why do you wait for a Monday?" 
Now sure, I understand the irony that this post will be read and uploaded on a Monday, but the question is still a legitimate one, even though it may have more impact being uploaded on a Tuesday.
What if you didn't have to wait for a Monday to come around before you set your sights on something you wanted? 
How good would it be to just decide something and JUST START straight away? 
Like so many of my posts, this is just a small challenge I'm throwing out to you, to see if a slight attitude adjustment to how you view the beginning of your goals might make a difference.
As an old saying goes by Benjamin Franklin, one of America's foundng fathers goes; 
"Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today"

Have a great day.

Darren